Friday, August 17, 2012

Rihanna Cries While Discussing Chris Brown: ‘He Needed Help’

 

It must be hard for Rihanna! She not only had to go through a domestic dispute while the world was watching, but she now has to relive that night over and over again more than 3 years after the incident. In her upcoming interview with Oprah, which airs this Sunday, she opens up about her relationship with Chris Brown and where their relationship currently stands.
She also became very emotional while telling Oprah that, although she was very hurt by what happened, she felt like she had to protect him because everyone was treating him like a ‘monster’. :
I lost my best friend, like everything I knew switched in a night. I couldn’t control that and I had to deal with that so it wasn’t easy for me to understand or interpret. And it’s not easy to interpret on camera with the world watching. So it’s hard for me to pay attention to my mind and figuring things out because now it became a circus and I felt protective. I felt like the only person that they hate right now is him and it was a weird confusing space to be in. Cause’ As angry as I was, as hurt and betrayed, I felt that he made that mistake because he needed help. Who’s going to help him? Nobody is going to say, ‘he needs help’. Everyone is going to say he’s a monster without looking at the source. I was more concerned about him.
Watch the interview below

Personally, I would have loved to see more from the both of them when it came to speaking out against domestic violence and being able to communicate when you are in a relationship without getting to the point of putting your hands on each other. Whether it was PSA’s, speaking with battered women or even having a consistent message in interviews like, ‘yes, we were in love but I made a mistake and I learned from it,’ etc it just could have been handled a lot better. Instead, Rihanna turned into a rebel, Chris shut down from doing interviews and they both did a song together while throwing their middle fingers up to fans and critics. It’s so confusing and sends such a conflicted message without getting to the deeper root of the issue.
According to Hollywood Life, [who talks to a friend of Chris' every week for a new exclusive], Chris has already seen the video:
Chris saw the video clip. Of course he saw it, how do you think he feels? He feels horrible he did that. Watching [Rihanna's interview with Oprah] made him realize he made a big mistake and he’s been paying for it ever since. He’s working hard, in the studio, dancing, doing everything he can to rebuild his name and career and I think he has been successful in doing all that. Y’all should be talking about his road to recovery and how he’s been a man and made s–t right. He and Ri are cool, more cool than anyone will know. She forgave the [boy] the minute that s–t went down, so what that say about their relationship?”
And according to my trusted sources, Chris Brown’s Range Rover was spotted outside of Rihanna’s house just this week so they are definitely still very cool with each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment