Monday, August 20, 2012

Willow Smith Writes A Letter To Tupac: ‘ Come Back So Mommy Can Be Happy’



You can just imagine the stories that Jada Pinkett Smith has told her children about her friendship with the late rapper Tupac Shakur.  The two became inseparable as teens after meeting at Baltimore School For The Arts and Jada became the inspiration for many of Pac’s love poems before he was gunned down in 1996.
Over the weekend, Jada’s daughter Willow, recently shared a hand-written letter to Tupac that she wrote when she was younger, saying that she knew he was still breathing out there somewhere. The letter also hints that Jada may have been having a hard time accepting his death as Willow writes that she wants him to come back “so mommy and me can be happy”:
“Dear Tupac,
I know you are alive someplace! I think that my mommy really misses you.
Can you please come back can you come back so momy and me can be happy!
I wish you were here…
I really do!
Love, Willow”

In 1999, Tupac’s most intimate poems and thoughts were released in a book titled, ‘A Rose Who Grew From Concrete’ and it included a poem titled, ’4 Jada’.

Although, many believed they had a romantic relationship, Jada has been on record saying that there was nothing more between her and Pac than a platonic friendship:
Pac and I were never in a romance but I do know that we had those feelings for each other. It was more of a platonic romance between he and I that we put inside a brother, sister, sometimes mother, son, father, daughter good friends relationship.  We knew us being together in a romantic way would destroy everything because we were both fire. We would burn everything up! So we knew in order to preserve our relationship there was no way we could ever add romance to it cause we probably would’ve killed each other!
What a cute and powerful friendship they had

Tupac Shakur and Jada Pinkett 2
Tupac loved Jada

No comments:

Post a Comment